The Asian American Studies Program and South Asia Center of the University of Pennsylvania are hosting a panel discussion: Nine Years Later: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties in Post-9/11 America. “This forum will address the state of civil rights and civil liberties in the United States in the post-9/11 context, focusing especially on the impact of the law on Muslims domestically and the battle for hearts and minds abroad.” It is free and open to the public.
- Baher Azmy, Professor of Law, Seton Hall Law School
- Hope Metcalf, Clinical Lecturer in Law, Yale Law School
- Kermit Roosevelt, Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania
- Steve Vladeck, Professor of Law, Washington College of Law, American University
- Sarah Paoletti (moderator), Practice Associate Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2010 at 6 p.m.
Location: Class of 1949 Auditorium, Houston Hall, University of Pennsylvania; 3417 Spruce Street; Philadelphia, PA 19104.
For more information: Contact Dawinder “Dave” S. Sidhu at sidhu [at] alumni.upenn.edu.