"On Tuesday, July 1, ACS will host a panel discussion at the National Press Club examining the current Supreme Court Term. In the immediate wake of the Term’s conclusion, leading experts representing both progressive and conservative perspectives will discuss the Court’s most noteworthy decisions and identify emerging trends.
The panel will feature:
* Randy E. Barnett, Carmack Waterhouse Professor of Legal Theory, Georgetown University Law Center
* Thomas C. Goldstein, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP; Lecturer in Law, Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, Harvard Law School and Stanford Law School
* Alan B. Morrison, Special Counsel, Fair Elections Legal Network; Co-Founder and Former Director, Public Citizen Litigation Group
* John Payton, President and Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense Fund
* Deborah Pearlstein, LAPA Visiting Scholar, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
* Andrew J. Pincus, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP; Visiting Lecturer in Law, Yale Law School
* Moderator, Kathleen M. Sullivan, Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges, LLP; Stanley Morrison Professor of Law and former Dean, Stanford Law School"
Date: July 1, 2008 at 9 am
Location: National Press Club Ballroom; 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor; Washington, DC
For more information: http://www.acslaw.org/node/6732